Looking for an eco-friendly way to make your space smell amazing? Reed diffusers offer a zero-waste option, without using electricity or posing a fire hazard. This off-the-grid way of diffusing is ideal for smaller spaces. Made from rattan, wooden reeds are biodegradable and can be composted, as long as you are diffusing natural essential oils. Diffusing essential oils can help to deodorize your home, purify the air, lift your mood, and simply make things smell great.
What you need:
- Rattan Diffuser Reeds (now available at OC Beauty!)
- Essential Oils of your choice
- Carrier Oil of your choice - we recommend almond oil or safflower oil, as they are thin and will travel up the reed faster. Thicker oils will travel slower.
- Container of your choice - one with a narrow opening is preferable, to slow down evaporation.
Then follow this simple step-by-step guide:
- Pour ½ cup of your choice of carrier oil into the container.
- Add 30-50 drops of essential oil per ½ cup of carrier oil.
- Mix to combine.
- Place 5-10 diffuser reeds into the container. Once half-saturated (~1hr), flip the reeds.
*For a stronger scent, flip reeds once a week. Replace oil every 3-4 weeks as needed.
Not sure what essential oils to use? Try a few of our favourite combos!
- Lavender + Lemon + Rosemary
- Juniper Berry + Bergamot
- Balsam Fir + Cypress
- Lavender + Eucalyptus
- Grapefruit + Sweet Orange + Lime
- Juniper Berry + Frankincense
- Bergamot + Patchouli
*It is important to note, that certain essential oils can be harmful to animals - so if you have any furry friends, please research the effects or speak to one of our product educators about safe choices.*